CALL THEIR MAIN NUMBER: (510) 451 4000 - they are now sending calls straight to voicemail for the number listed in the graphic!
TODAY: Fight back against #PoliceMilitarization. CALL THE OAKLAND MARRIOTT CONVENTION CENTER and tell them to #StopUrbanShield! (via War Resisters League)
READ MORE: http://diy.rootsaction.org/petitions/marriott-don-t-host-urban-shield
Participating Police Departments:
1. Alameda County Sheriff’s Office
2. Alameda Police Department
3. Berkeley Police Department
5. California Highway Patrol
6. Central County Regional SWAT
7. Contra Costa County Office of the Sheriff
8. Daily City Police Department
9. East Bay Regional Parks District Police Department
10. East County Tactical Team
11. Fremont Police Department
12. Hayward Police Department
13. Marin County Sheriff’s Office
14. Newark Police Department
15. North Central Regional SWAT Team
16. Oakland Police Department
17. Philadelphia Police Department SWAT Unit
18. Pittsburg Police Department
19. Redwood City Police Department
20. Richmond Police Department SWAT Team
21. Sacramento Police Department
22. San Francisco Police Department
23. San Francisco Sheriff’s Department
24. San Jose Police Department
25. San Leandro Police Department
26. San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office
27. Santa Clara County Sheriff’s ER Team
28. Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department
29. Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety
30. Travis County Sheriff’s Department
31. UC Berkeley Police Department
32. Union City Police Department
33. United States Marine Corps
34. Korea Coast Guard Sea Special Attack Team
35. Singapore Special Tactics And Rescue (STAR) Unit
Here is a sample script:
"My name is _____ from _____, _____ and I am appalled that Urban Shield will be taking place at the Oakland Marriott Convention Center this September 4th - 8th. I am asking you to stand on the side of communities that face police militarization every day. Don’t enable the City of Oakland’s weapons expos and SWAT trainings. Please make the Oakland Marriott Convention Center a safe place for all communities. If you do host Urban Shield, I will not use any Marriott facilities until you side with communities over state repression."
This is very similar to what Edna has (Lennox-Gastaut syndrome.) She also developed normally until about the age of three. I found a cassette tape of our mom doing our ABC’s with us when we were little and she was speaking better than she does now. Awareness and research is key. Please help this family by watching & sharing the video!
When did he stop treating you like a princess?
Domestic violence and abuse can happen to anyone, but the vast majority of victims are young girls and women simply because they are “the weaker sex”.
Did you know:
- On average, 2 women a week are killed by a current or former male partner. This constitutes nearly 40% of all female homicide victims.
- 45% of women are abused/raped by current husbands or partners, 9% by former partners, and a further 29% of perpetrators were otherwise known to the victim. Only 17% are attacked by by strangers.
- 44% of victims of domestic violence are involved in more than one incident. A large number of women experience the same abuse every week.
- On average, a woman is assaulted 35 times before her first call to the police.
- 30% of domestic violence either starts or will intensify during pregnancy.
- In almost 75% of incidents, a child is present or in a room closeby.
THIS HAS GOT TO STOP. IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE THIS WAY.
It’s time to show the world that we are not weak and we will simply not stand for this kind of ill treatment. Women should be treated as princesses, like Ariel and Cinderella, who never have to live in fear of their so-called Prince Charming.
It’s time to stand up. To speak out. To be heard.
Women’s domestic abuse/violence helplines (worlwide):
- Women’s Aid/National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
- EB Women’s Aid: 0800 0852 654
- Refuge: 020 7395 7713
- Wales Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0808 80 10 800
- Women’s Aid Federation (Northern Ireland): 0800 917 1414
- National Centre for Domestic Violence: 0844 8044 999
- WDA Helpline: 0161 636 7525
- Rape Crisis support: 0808 802 9999
- Relate: 0300 100 1234
- Kiran Asian women’s aid: 020 8558 1986
- Independent Choices: 0161 636 7525
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 or 1-800-787-3224
- DAHMW: 1-888-743-5754
- Safe Horizon for DA/V: 800.621.HOPE (4673)
- Safe Horizon for Rape: 212.227.3000
- Love Is Respect: 1-866-331-9474
- National Teen Dating abuse/violence:
866-331-9474 or 866-331-8453
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network): 1-800-656-4673
- White Ribbon: 02 9045 8444
- National Sexual Assault/Family/Domestic hotline: 1800 737 732
- LifeLine: 13 11 14
- The Women’s Domestic Violence Crisis Service:
(03) 9322 3555 or STD Freecall 1800 015 188
- Sexual Assault Crisis Line: 1800 806 292
- Domestic Violence Victoria, AUS: 9921 0828
- DVConnect Womensline - Queensland: 1800 811 811
OTHER/MORE - some repeats:
- National Child Abuse Helpline: 1-800-422-4453
- National Domestic Violence Crisis Line: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (TDD): 1-800-787-32324
- Center for the Prevention of School Violence: 1-800-299-6504
- Child Abuse Helpline: 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)
- Domestic Violence Helpline: 1-800-548-2722
- Healing Woman Foundation (Abuse): 1-800-477-4111
- Child Abuse Hotline Support & Information: 1-800-792-5200
- Women’s Aid National Domestic Violence Helpline: (UK Only) 0345 023 468
- Sexual Abuse Centre: (UK Only) 0117 935 1707
- Sexual Assault Support (24/7, English & Spanish): 1-800-223-5001
- Domestic & Teen Dating Violence (English & Spanish): 1-800-992-2600
- Relationships Australia: 1300-364-277
- Criminal Law Advice Line: 020 7251 8887
Let’s put a stop to women’s domestic violence and abuse - FULL STOP.
If you’re being treated in a way you know isn’t right, pick up the phone and get help. And get out. IT IS NEVER TOO LATE FOR YOUR HAPPILY EVER AFTER. IT’S TIME TO CHANGE.
If in need of immediate help from abuse/violence, call the police (999/911 etc).
We’re in this together.
"When did he stop treating you like a princess?"/It doesn’t have to be this way - DISCLAIMER: I do not own these images. Courtesy of Saint Hoax.
FIND OUT MORE HERE.
REBLOG AND SPREAD THE WORD. NOW.
GET REBLOGGING PEOPLE.
please please reblog this.
SIGNAL BOOSTING THIS SHIT
Yo fuck that shit
Reblog if your’s is too.
i love you mom
i love my mum
you’re my everything
Love how this came up on my dash on my Mama’s birthday!
I miss my mom
I love reading all your comments on my post because it lets me know everyone loves their mum even through heartache.
EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS
what the actual FUCK
I wish I could even be shocked
Just gonna keep reblogging this
this is the biggest crock of fucking bullshit i’ve ever fucking seen FUCK
“but why didn’t you go to the hospital?”
Yeah this is sinful as fuck.
whitesupremacymemes said: You do realize that it was whites that ended slavery and have invented almost everything, right?
Air conditioning unit
Auto cut-off switch
Auto fishing device
- Automatic gear shift
- Baby buggy (aka stroller)
- Bicycle frame
- Biscuit cutter
- Blood plasma bag
- Cellular phone
- Chamber commode
- Clothes dryer
- Curtain rod and curtain rod support
- Door knob
- Dust pan
- Door stop
- Egg beater
- Electric light bulb
- Eye protector
- Fire escape ladder
- Fire extinguisher
- Folding bed
- Folding chair
- Fountain pen
- Furniture caster
- Gas mask
- Golf tee
- Hair brush
- Hand stamp
- Horse shoe
- Ice cream scooper
- Improved sugar making
- Insect-destroyer gun
- Ironing board
- Key chain
- Lawn mower
- Lawn sprinkler
- Lemon squeezer
- Lubricating cup
- Lunch pail
- Mail box
- Peanut butter
- Pencil sharpener
- Phone transmitter
- Record arm player
- Riding saddles
- Rolling pin
- Shampoo headrest
- Spark plug
- Straightening comb
- Street sweeper
- Thermostat control
- Traffic light
- Jazz (and subgenres)
- Hip Hop (and subgenres)
- Rock n Roll
- Speech (Africans first to use language)
- Writing (before it became more complex in Mesopotamia)
- Medicine (Ancient Egypt)
- Architecture (Ancient Egypt)
- Mathematics (prehistoric)
- Mining of minerals
- Iron smelting
- International trade
- Philosophy (dates back to before Ancient Egypt was before Ancient Egypt if you know what I mean)
- Art (oldest art known is 75,000 years old found in South Africa)
- First to invent a flying machine
- Optics (eye stuff)
- Instruments in music
- Crank connecting rod system
Central and South American inventions:
- First try at the color television
- Ochoaplane, a folding wing airplane
- Acceleglove, a glove that can translate sign language into speech
- Rocket belt
- Air-pressure powered driver for pneumatic ventricular assist device
- A method for preforming cable for promoting adhesion to overmolded sensor body for Delphi Technologies Inc
- Contraceptive pill
- The pen
- Discovering mosquitos are cure to yellow fever
- One of the world’s earliest submarines
- Silk fabric
- Irrigation canals
- The kite
- Domestication of rice
- Handheld crossbow
- Toilet paper
- Magnetic compass
- Circulation of paper currency (paper money)
- Land mines
- First written language
- The wheel
- Map making
- Discovery of alcohol
Middle Eastern inventions (prehistoric):
- Food supply
- Domestication of the cat and cattle
Southeast Asian invention (prehistoric):
- Domestication of chicken
- The mirror
- Ice cream
- Vertical sails
- Modern numbering system (also in Arabia)
- Metal movable type
- Ironclad “turtleboat”
- Medical incubator
- Moon buggy
- Video phone
- Computer microchips
- Isolated rice breeds
- Drug detection
- Jeepney (Jeeps)
Native American inventions:
- Maple syrup
Also, whites didn’t end slavery. Abraham Lincoln didn’t care about Black people and slavery until he knew that slavery was a very important economic part of the South, so he threatened to end slavery if they didn’t surrender because then the Confederate states would crumble, which is mostly what happened after they had to surrender. Slavery wasn’t necessary over after the Emancipation Proclamation, either. He only freed the slaves in the South. Sharecropping happened so after, which is basically slavery but only with drowning in debt so the Black families could become dependent on the white folk they’re on the land and work for.
The Coin Dispenserthis is news to us HAITIANS AND EVERY OTHER ENSLAVED DESCENDED BLACK DIASPORIC PEOPLE
"It was whites who ended slavery"…..like they didn’t create that which should not have existed in the 1st place.